Code of Conduct
1. General conditions
As a learner participating in the e-learning courses provided via the ECDC e-learning framework you agree to abide by the following code of conduct:
- You will register for only one account.
- The answers to homework, quizzes and exams will be your own work (except for assignments that explicitly permit collaboration).
- You will not make solutions to homework, quizzes or exams available to anyone else.
- You will not engage in any other activities that will dishonestly improve your results or dishonestly improve or hurt the results of others.
Respect others during participation in online fora!
- Respect your peers - treat others and their contributions respectfully and foster considerate dialogue.
- Use non-offensive language to present your views.
- Everyone's input is welcome and honoured. There are neither stupid questions nor replies.
- Report inappropriate behaviour - report disrespectful or inappropriate content. In such cases please send a message to the site administrators with a link to the example of the inappropriate behaviour.
- Before publishing any content, make sure you have the appropriate rights for sharing. Provide proper references when you are citing any material that is not owned by you. Respect copyright laws, and do not plagiarize sources. Check http://www.plagiarism.org/ for more information on how to avoid plagiarism.
- The e-learning fora should not be used as a place of self-promotion or promotion of inappropriate content.
What is inappropriate behaviour or content?
- Disruptive, impolite behaviour to other users;
- Automated or massive manual retrieval of other users' profile data ("data harvesting");
- Advertising for commercial products or services of all kinds;
- Unsolicited job offers and business proposals;
- All kinds of technical attacks on the servers including setting up anonymous user accounts;
- "Flaming" others or demeaning their participation won't help build community.
What will be the consequences of inappropriate behaviour?
Users who violate the policies detailed above risk having their accounts banned from the ECDC e-learning site. The administrator/moderator team will take any necessary actions in order to avoid banning community members. However, in case a user is repeatedly ignoring the policies stated above, they will experience stepwise consequences at the levels described below. Users who have had disciplinary action taken against them will have a summary of their status on record.
2. Measures taken
In case of misbehaviours or offense:
1st and 2nd offense:
Warning. A moderator will contact you via e-mail notifying you of the offense and will suggest strategies for you to avoid breaking the established policies.
Temporary Ban. Users who break the established policies of ECDC e-learning site three times will have their accounts locked for 2 weeks.
Permanent Ban. Users who break the established policies of ECDC e-learning site four times will have their accounts permanently banned from the site. Under no circumstances will a banned account be reactivated.