Exercise Green Field was evaluated against the objectives of the exercise and was supported by:
- feedback forms developed by the Exercise Design Team and completed by participants, observers and evaluators during the exercise, where notes, observations and comments were registered
- a hot debrief conducted by control staff immediately after the end of the exercise. Where a representative of each group of players was invited to comment on “What went well” and “Key issues or learning points”
- each observer presented a feedback report within two weeks of the exercise
- evaluators from EPG presented a report or completed a checklist on the main aspects observed and comments on Exercise Green Field.
- a comprehensive post-exercise debrief process including an evaluation meeting and a workshop where participants, observers, EDT and the EPG reconsidered all the issues raised during the exercise and offered further comments and possible solutions (see below).
A preliminary internal feedback session was undertaken at an ECDC staff meeting on 5 June 2008
The exercise evaluation workshop took place in Stockholm on 24 June 2008, this workshop was organised in 2 parts:
- First part: Evaluation meeting to discuss exercise evaluators comments and reports
- Second part: Workshop with players and observers to discuss problems and possible solutions, identified during the exercise. This session concluded with presentations from both participant and observer groups on the workshop outcomes.