I would like to announce that the new e-learning course on Antimicrobial Stewardship is now open for enrolment.
The objectives of this course are:
- understand the challenges related to antibiotic prescription, burden of anti-microbial resistance (AMR) and the principles of antibiotic stewardship;
- identify guidelines for treatment of specific conditions and formularies both at the national and local level;
- understand the implementation of antibiotic policies;
- understand measurement of drug usage and the prescribing indicators in relation to structure, process and outcomes;
- identify drug usage over time and interpret prescribing surveillance data;
- understand the elements and performance measurement for an antimicrobial stewardship program (AMS);
- identify interventions to improve antibiotic prescribing practices for hospitalised patients and measure intervention effect, barriers, and possible solutions.
Aside from the great content covered, this new e-learning includes a whiteboard animation, which aims to improve your learning experience.
Enjoy your learning and recommend this course to others.
Michael (for the EVA Team)
(Edited by Liliya Todorova-Janssens - original submission Wednesday, 17 March 2021, 11:01 AM)