What you will find
You will find training material that you may use to offer a training for your target audience. Your target audience could include national coordinators of point prevalence surveys (PPS).
Training materials from a day-long course with 10 lectures, eight short case studies and ice-breaking exercises are available. This set of training materials includes participants’ and facilitators’ versions for case studies.
The contents include:
- The methodology of the EU PPS;
- The systems required for data collection at the local and national level;
- The training materials for those involved in the local collection of data;
- Approaches to learning and teaching: andragogy;
- The principles of, and approaches to, delivering effective training with small and large groups;
- Planning for success: environment and facilitation.
Objectives/Intended learning outcomes
The objectives of these training material are to:
- Appreciate the aims, objectives & methodology of EU PPS;
- Recognise healthcare-associated infections (HAI) using standard EU PPS case definitions;
- Understand the concept of reliability in the context of the EU PPS;
- Enter and export data EU PPS data in HELICS-Win;
- Describe the best approach, organisation and training techniques to deliver training on the ECDC protocol for PPS for a short course aimed at hospital staff;
- Describe and discuss the principles of and approaches to training with adult learners and the importance of learning styles;
- Critically evaluate the training approaches for working with groups, including questioning strategies to ensure engagement and understanding;
- Identify and utilise approaches to evaluation of training.