This course aims to enhance knowledge of the basic bioinformatics tools available for analysis of sequencing data and of the interpretation, comparison and analysis of influenza sequence data, with a focus on haemagglutinin and neuraminidase genes.
Upon completion you will understand:
- Sanger and Next Generation Sequencing data analysis pipelines for HA and NA gene sequences
- Retrieval of sequences from public databases (GISAID and Genbank)
- HA and NA gene sequence alignments, mutations and SNP analysis for resistance (BioEdit)
- Phylogeny software: basic concepts and instructions for phylogenetic analysis (MEGA)
- Visualisation and annotation of phylogenetic trees